
The Belarussian midfielder had a hectic day after flying into the Ciutat Contal to undergo a rigorous medical and then be ushered into speak to the throng of reporters waiting at Camp Nou.
With his physical exam dubbed "satisfactory" by club medics, the 27-year-old explained that moving to Barça from Arsenal was a dream for him and he would play wherever coach Pep Guardiola wanted.
"I am willing to play in any position, wherever the coach need me to play, even in goal if necessary," Hleb joked. "I am very excited about joining the club.
"My dream has become reality and I am here in Barcelona. Now I want to win as many trophies as possible with the team."
Guardiola revealed that after being handed the reins from Frank Rijkaard, he told Txiki Begiristain that Hleb was a player that was at the top of his list.
"I am delighted," he explained. "He will be an extraordinary addition to the squad. Since my first meeting with the technical secretary I stated that he was a priority."
No comments:
Post a Comment