Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ronnie A Bigger Attraction Than Adebayor - Galliani Adriano Galliani has explained that Ronaldinho is a much bigger draw than Adebayor…

After Ronaldinho went through his paces at his first training session as a Milan player today, the Rossoneri’s general manager, Adriano Galliani, explained to the media why he opted fotrr the Boy from Brazil rather than Arsenal’s Emmanuel Adebayor.

“It was wonderful to see 40,000 people at San Siro just to see Ronaldinho for a few minutes,” said Galliani.

“He is a player with great media impact, whereas Adebayor is not. These characters elevate the interest towards our League on behalf of the media, help fill the stadiums and certainly make the challenges more interesting.”

Of course, there was also the small matter of Arsenal refusing to accept Milan’s offer for Adebayor, but Galliani had a point to make.

Milan had been pursuing the Togo striker (as well as Ronaldinho) all summer, but after the Gunners proved obstinate over the asking price, the Rossoneri opted for Ronnie at £18million.

Galliani also stressed that winning the domestic title would be their priority next season.

“If you ask me whether I’d prefer we win the Uefa Cup or the Scudetto, then without doubt I’d say the Serie A title.

“I am not thinking ahead to the derby with Inter, I only focus on my team. We have reinforced the side and with that we can confirm we won’t be signing any more players.”

No comments: